Equal Housing Lender
What Everyone Should Know About Equal Opportunity in Housing
Own It supports the Fair Housing Act and promotes homeownership of equal housing opportunities for all consumers throughout the nation. Own It encourages and makes all efforts to ensure that there are no barriers to obtaining home financing because of race, national origin, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, marital status or familial status.
The Fair Housing Act
The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in the sale, lease, rental or financing of housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Equal Credit Opportunity Act
The Equal Credit Opportunity Act makes discrimination unlawful with respect to any aspect of a credit application on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or because all or part of the applicant’s income derives from any public assistance program.
State and Local Fair Housing/Fair Lending Laws
In addition to the federal anti-discrimination statutes, many state and local governments have enacted regulations prohibiting discrimination in the sale, lease, rental or financing of housing on the basis of the neighborhood the property in which the property is located, sexual orientation, mental or physical illness, political affiliation, lawful source of income, environmental conditions or other characteristics. Contact your state or local housing agency for additional information.
|If you live in the following areas/states:||Call the toll-free telephone number||HUD Regional Office|
|Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont||(800) 827-5005||Boston|
|New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands||(800) 496-4294||New York|
|Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia||(888) 799-2085||Philadelphia|
|Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee||(800) 440-8091||Atlanta|
|Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin||(800) 765-9372||Chicago|
|Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas||(888) 560-8913||Ft. Worth|
|Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska||(800) 743-5323||Kansas City|
|Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming||(800) 877-7353||Denver|
|American Samoa, Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Nevada||(800) 347-3739||San Francisco|
|Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington||(800) 877-0246||Seattle|
|Your housing discrimination complaint will be reviewed by a fair housing specialist to determine if it alleges acts that might violate the Fair Housing Act. The specialist will contact you for any additional information needed to complete this review. If your complaint involves a possible violation of the Fair Housing Act, the specialist will assist you in filing an official housing discrimination complaint.|
Rights of the Home or Loan Seeker
You have the right to expect that housing or home loans will be available to you without discrimination or other limitations based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. This includes the right to expect:
- Housing in your price range made available to you without discrimination.
- Equal professional service.
- The opportunity to consider a broad range of housing or loan choices.
- No discriminatory limitations on communities or locations of housing.
- No discrimination in the financing, appraising, or insuring of housing.
- Reasonable accommodations in rules, practices and procedures for persons with disabilities.
- Non-discriminatory terms and conditions for the sale, rental, financing, or insuring of a dwelling.
- To be free from harassment or intimidation for exercising your fair housing rights.
If You Suspect Discrimination
Complaints alleging discrimination in housing may be filed with the nearest office of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), by Email or by calling HUD’s toll free numbers,1-800-699-9777(voice), or1-800-927-9275(TDD).
You can contact HUD on the Internet at:http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/online-complaint
California Non-Discrimination Disclosure
The Housing Financial Discrimination Act of 1977
Fair Lending Notice
It is illegal to discriminate in the provision of or in the availability of financial assistance because of the consideration of:
- Trends, characteristics or conditions in the neighborhood or geographic area surrounding a housing accommodation, unless the financial institution can demonstrate in the particular case that such consideration is required to avoid an unsafe and unsound business practice; or
- Race, color, religion, sex, marital status, domestic partnership, national origin or ancestry.
It is illegal to consider the racial, ethnic, religious or national origin composition of a neighborhood or geographic area surrounding a housing accommodation or whether or not such composition is undergoing change, or is expected to undergo change, in appraising a housing accommodation or in determining whether or not, or under what terms and conditions, to provide financial assistance.
These provisions govern financial assistance for the purpose of the purchase, construction, rehabilitation or refinancing of one- to four-unit family residences occupied by the owner and for the purpose of the home improvement of any one- to four-unit family residence.
If you have any questions about your rights, or if you wish to file a complaint, contact the management of this financial institution or the Department of Business Oversight at one of the following locations:
The Department of Business Oversight has seven offices. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding
DBO MAIN OFFICE
- 1515 K Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95814-4052
- One Sansome Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94104-4428
- 45 Fremont Street, Suite 1700, San Francisco, CA 94105-2219
Tel: (415) 263-8500
Fax: (415) 288-8830
- 300 S. Spring Street, Suite 15513, Los Angeles, CA 90013-1259
Tel: (213) 897-2085
Fax: (213) 897-8860
- 320 West 4th Street, Suite 750, Los Angeles, CA 90013-2344
- 1350 Front St. #2034, San Diego, CA 92101-3697
- 7575 Metropolitan Drive, Suite 108, San Diego, CA 92108-4421
Tel: (619) 682-7227
Fax: (619) 682-7217